Hey there young racers, get ready for the ride of your life! The Simeone Museum’s celebration of the 100th anniversary of the 24 Hours of Le Mans is thrilled to bring you an exciting kiddie car race that is sure to get your engines revving!
Compete against other young drivers under the age of 5 in our specially designed kiddie cars provided by the museum. With a real race track, flags, and checkered finish line, this is a chance for you to experience the thrill of the race just like your favorite Le Mans drivers.
All participants will receive a special medal to commemorate their achievement, but that’s not all! The top three finishers will receive extra special prizes that will make them feel like real racing champions.
Parents, get ready to capture the moment as your little ones take to the track and show off their driving skills. It’s sure to be a moment you’ll never forget.
So gear up and get ready for an unforgettable kiddie car race at the Simeone Museum’s celebration of the 100th anniversary of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. We can’t wait to see you there!
- Eligibility: a. The race is open to children aged 2 to 5 years old. b. Each participant must compete in a Simeone provided pedal car or electric car. c. Participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian throughout the race.
- Registration: a. Parents or guardians must register their child for the race prior to the event. b. Registration can be done online or at the Simeone Museum on the day of the event should there be remaining openings for the race.
- Safety Regulations: a. Parents or guardians are responsible for ensuring the safety of their child during the race. b. The race track will be designed with safety in mind, but extra caution should be exercised.
- Race Format: a. The race will consist of a 24-minute endurance race. b. The race will take place on Le Mans weekend, specifically on June 11 at 3:00 pm. c. The race will consist of teams of two, to be matched on the day of the competition. Each participant will race for 6 minutes and trade driving duties with their teammate at the conclusion of their 6 minute driving time. Each driver will race for 12 minutes in total. d. The track will be a designated course within the Simeone Museum premises. e. Participants will start the race simultaneously and complete as many laps as possible within the given time. f. There will be up to 2 classes of competition, foot-powered pedal cars and electric kiddie cars. g. There will be a maximum of 8 cars (4 of each class) for a total of 16 entrants. h. Parents must notify the museum in advance to specific which class their child will be competing in.
- Race Etiquette: a. No aggressive behavior, pushing, or intentional collisions will be tolerated. b. Participants must follow the designated race path and refrain from shortcuts. c. Parents or guardians should encourage fair play and good sportsmanship among their children.
- Officials and Scoring: a. The race will be supervised by appointed officials from the Simeone Museum. b. Officials will keep track of each participant’s laps completed during the race. c. The participant who completes the highest number of laps within the given time will be declared the winner.
- Awards and Prizes: a. Winners of each class will receive trophies recognizing their achievement in the race. b. Each winner will receive a year Family level membership from the Simeone Museum b. All participants will receive participation ribbons.
- Photography and Videography: a. Parents or guardians are welcome to take photographs or videos of their children during the race. b. The Simeone Museum may also have designated photographers or videographers capturing the event for promotional purposes.
- Waiver and Liability: a. All participants must have a signed waiver/release form by their parent or guardian, acknowledging the risks associated with the event and releasing the Simeone Museum from any liability.